Quality by Design
At Topflight, quality is not just a department but a mindset built into everything we do. From 5S to Six Sigma, Topflight employees utilize the most current Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
The employees of Topflight are committed to being responsive, reliable and creative and to continuously improve our processes, making us able to provide our customer with products and services that meet all of their requirements. The first time, on time, every time!
Quality Certifications & Processes
Topflight’s quality program includes extensive employee training, certified in-house auditors, and supplier auditing and certification. We work with our customer’s quality and regulatory teams to ensure all requirements are met.
To ensure quality assurance and process control through every step of production, Topflight has installed AVT systems on several of our printing presses and rewind equipment. AVT is a superior automated vision system and inspection process exclusively designed for labels and narrow web printing. The heightened defect recognition, high quality cameras and sophisticated software result in the delivery of high-quality print jobs.
Topflight’s quality lab and production floor contains a variety of testing and verification equipment capable of optical or electronic inspections as precise as 0.0001″. Testing equipment is regularly calibrated to ensure compliance with adhesion, tensile, coat weight, tolerance, opacity, clarity, color hue, readability, scannability, resistance, and capacitance requirements. Most tests are performed to ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) international standards.
- Custom tests – specialized tests (or test combinations) can be developed for your application
- Incoming raw material testing
- Material weight testing – basis weight
- Tensile strength – testing for material strength and deep die strikes
- Static shear testing
- Adhesive & release liner testing – peel and sheer
- Microscopic imaging – or electrical traces and feature characterization
- Barcode testing – for scanning, readability and grading with ANSI grade. Linear, 2D (Datamatrix and QR)
- Fluorescence & luminescence – optical brightener presence and grade
- Ink adhesion testing – for UV and non-UV inks
- Sutherland Rub – to ensure ink durability, dry rub and wet testing
- Precise measurement – Vernier calipers, bench micrometers
- Part dimension verification – manual (linear measurements up to 0.0001″) and programmable for more complex, high volume testing
- Environmental testing – approximate shelf life, resistance to heat, moisture (hot/cold and dry/wet cycles)
- Fade resistance – sun testing for ink color stability
- Climate testing – weatherometer simulates outdoor conditions
- Color testing – viewing booths, spectrodensitometers, spectrophotometer
- Laser displacement meter – measures surface roughness
- Gloss meter – measures reflectance at an angle
- Voltage and resistance testing – electrical characterization
- In-line camera vision systems – can pinpoint defects to 0.01″
- RFID testing – UHF and HF